Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Really Big Thanks....



A really big thanks goes out to all of my team members for the Ottawa Humane Society's 20th Annual Wiggle Waggle Walkathon.
I am proud of each and every member of the Alta Vista Animal "HotPistols" for every cent we raised. And raise we did, to the tune of $7500.00.

The Ottawa Humane Society has been a passion of mine since working there, almost 10 years ago. That's where Squiggy came from, and where a big piece of my heart still stays. I will never forget what it's like to work there, how hard it is to deal with the scum of the earth day in and day out, and to do a job which you know will never get done. Will I raise money to support those staff and their efforts to help save animals? Hell yes.

To all who put up with my pestering, nagging, whining, badgering, begging and bullying each year when the walk comes around..... THANK YOU. I believe we are making a difference. We are setting the bar for other corporate teams as we now, for the first time ever, have real 'competition' for next year. ("Helter Shelter", we're gonna kick your asses again!!) :) This "competition", albeit friendly, is what an event like this needs though. It sets the wheels in motion, gets people thinking of how to raise some serious cash. Hell, I'm already trying to think of ways to break ten grand next year.

So once again, although I've now said it a million times, I really want to say thank you to everyone who helped us out. We truly are speaking "for those who cannot speak themselves". And we just keep getting louder.

:)
--->Shameless press release plug: http://www.ottawahumane.ca/walkathon/



Flush.









1 comments:

repliderium.com said...

All of the fuzzy four-legged ones thank you.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com