Monday, April 20, 2009

40 and free tea. I hope this is a sign...

So I turned 40 last Thursday.  To be honest, I wasn't good with it.  I don't want to be 40, 41, 42, and so on, and so on and so on.   I did have a good day.  The people I work with are awesome... I was taken out for lunch, got some cake... you name it.  I am truly appreciative and love everyone.


Where some real honest-to-god loveliness occured was after work.  I went mall surfing on my way home looking for one of those damn kiosks to renew your license plate stickers.  I DIDN'T renew on time last year and got dinged and there's no waaaaay I'm doing that again, so off I went.  On my second mall, I found the kiosk, and got the sticker.  Done.  Good.  Thought while I'm here, I'll grab a tea from Tim's.  I walk up to the counter, looking through my wallet and realize I have no cash.  Tim's doesn't take Interac, even to buy the prepaid cards so I discuss this with the 3 girls there and then kinda go "oh well", and go to leave.  Well wouldn't you know it they call me back as I'm walking away.  "What do you want?" they say, "we'll just give it to you".    I'm in shock, smiling like a big goofball as I can't believe how nice they are.   I'm still going through my very dilapidated wallet, when I find a toonie and a loonie.  No, they don't want my money, "don't worry about it, it's on us" they tell me.  Well I am almost gushing at this point and can't believe that random acts of kindness really do exist out there.  They had no idea it was my birthday or that I was having a crummy day, they just chose to help out a tired looking chick in her scrubs, probably covered in some sort of pet hair.

To you 3 ladies, I thank you.  If we weren't in such a fucked up world I could tell everyone who you are and where you worked but as it stands, some asshole would have you fired for giving away things for free.  So all I can say is thank you.  Next time I'm in that mall, I'm buying YOU tea. 










Flush.


3 comments:

G said...

I love your post. Sometimes life can be amazing.

No BSL said...

Happy belated birthday.

Think like a dog.
They don`t care about age
and you`re only about 6 in Canine years.

Hope to see Squiggy on Wed if you`re able to bring him in.
I have a random act of kindness for him and I`ll bring you a Tea.
We`re not all coldhearted jackasses out here.

repliderium.com said...

Awww. I love that kinda shit

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com