Friday, July 11, 2008

A Dark Grey

I was just reading something online, while looking for answers to a question I have been wondering about-- "Can reading depressive articles/stories/literature, actually make one depressed?" Or do you think that you already have to be in a certain state of mind to come out of it even more negative/depressed than when you started?
So far, I think the answer is yes, it is possible, and probably more so possible if you have depressive tendencies. I haven't found any actual studies, but rather some blogging about it.... http://http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/01/does_melancholy_literature_dee.html Interesting.

The other thing that I read and stuck with me (again, from the blogger above), is: "About the only thing we know in this country about the French writer Henry de Montherlant is that he came up with the phrase "happiness writes white" - in other words, you quite simply don't feel like writing, or such writing makes no impression, if you're feeling fine." Again.... iiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting. I think I can relate to that a lot of the time.

Anyway, there's MY depressive reading for you today. Hope you're still smiling.

Here's a courtesy FLUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com