Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wal Mart- Come in with little, leave with less.

I had to go to WalMart after work today, and for a Tuesday night, it was craaaaaaazy busy. I think, I mean it must, be a welfare cheque week or something because the merch. was flying off the shelves and the line ups were incredible.

There were shop vacs, bathroom shower curtain rods, bath puffs, milk, baby clothes, razors... you name it. It was truly like a low income festival... and kind of sad to watch. This is where Wal Mart makes their money. From all of the carefully placed impulse items before the cash registers to the strategic middle aisle displays full of scented candles, Pringles and Axe body deodorant.

From dreadlocks to dirty feet in cheap flip flops, the colours are as varied as the Fruit Loops in the carts. There are bad tattoos garishly displayed on braless teenage girls with bad teeth and boyfriends in braces funded by their parents. Families with mothers that look like they need about a week of sleep and a makeover, fathers with bloodshot eyes and threadbare t-shirts and pre pubescent dirt-caked kids that look like they should go through a car wash-- without the car. We wait in line, to get to cashiers who speak broken english, and look like they can barely afford the bus fare to get to work on a good day.

Welcome to Wal Mart. Come in with little, leave with less.


And don't you forget it.

3 comments:

mommacoon said...

Very good! Did you write that? If so, you're in the wrong profession. You should write professionally. I'm serious.

Keep on blogging. I like it.

Mommacoon

Donna said...

Well I didn't steal it! Great... the only person commenting is my Ma. Hahahaha. Thanks mom.

mommacoon said...

I swear (#$*%#$##@%) you have inherited the gene of manipulating the written word from me. Well, I know you sure as hell didn't get them from you know who, so it had to be me.

You are definitely gifted in this department. Nah, not gifted, TALENTED. Incredibly talented. You gotta pursue this more. I shall put a link to this page on my website because I think it's that good. Better than good, it's brilliant, witty and creative.

Don't you just love people who tell it like it is? I do, because I'm one of them. Har har har.

My motto is "if you don't want to know what I think, stop asking me!"

Who knew you had this in you too!

Don't stop doing this. Everything new and different starts with one step and in your case, it's gonna be with one word. Bang on them keys, and let 'er rip!

Yer mother, that crazed person who thinks she possibly raised you.

Mommacoon

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com